Providence is calling a Applications Analyst, Senior - IS Laboratory to Providence Health & Services in Renton , WA or Portland OR.
Positions at this level use a wide application of complex principles, theories, and concepts in the specific field, plus may have working knowledge or other related disciplines and provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. You will be supporting several laboratory applications such as Cerner, Sunquest, and others. The individual in this position leads medium to large internal project work teams developing project plans and work plans. This individual also analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and devices or modifies procedures to process data and solve problems. The position requires reviewing schedules, cost and documentation to ensure success of projects. This individual mentors and assists others in support of applications, projects and goals. This person Typically deals with users to determine appropriate requirements of complex systems.
In this position you will:
- Use in-depth information and analysis to provide management with advice and counsel on a variety of business issues. Issues are often highly technical and complex in nature.
- Define user requirements for complex systems.
- Perform highly complex qualitative and/or quantitative analyses.
- Lead project teams as needed. Identify and create standards and processes to support the application portfolio management.
- Work with Integration Team to develop processes and procedures designed to improve and maximize support and interaction between analysts and Integration Team.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent blend of education and experience.
- Seven (7) years of functional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Post graduate studies in a related field
- 8 years health care experience
- MT or prior Laboratory experience a plus, and/ or IT Analyst background in Healthcare.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Other Location(s): Washington-Renton
Req ID: 125274