Providence is calling an On-call Registered Nurse to work in the Wound Ostomy Continence unit (0.0 FTE, Days) throughout Providence Portland Medical Center in Portland, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Serve as a clinical resource and consultant for the acute and rehabilitative care of patients with selected disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and integumentary systems such as acute and chronic wounds (e.g., complex draining wounds, fistulae, pressure ulcers, vascular ulcers) ostomies, percutaneous tubes, and continence disorders.
- Carry out professional responsibilities through direct patient care, clinical consultation, education, research, and administration.
- Provide inpatient and outpatient clinical services throughout the hospital, including the Emergency Department and Wound/Ostomy Care Clinic.
- Serve on several regional patient care committees.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN)
- Current, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current certification in tri-specialty (CWOCN) by the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board or obtain within 12 months of eligibility
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification at time of hire
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification within 6 months of hire
- 2-4 years of recent acute care nursing experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in nursing (MSN)
- 2-4 years of recent acute care nursing experience including wound, ostomy, and continence care
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: 146291