Where You Work Matters
For over 100 years, Swedish Medical Center's number one priority has been caring for the community that we serve by consistently delivering the highest quality, most comprehensive care to our patients\. Swedish's RN Residency Program is seeking outstanding individuals with demonstrated leadership capabilities to continue this tradition\.
"Thanks to this program, we are recruiting some of the best new RNs, and they are becoming the kind of nurses we need to keep providing care that Swedish stands for\."
\- June Altaras, System Chief Executive, Acute Care
Due to the excellent work of our nurses, Swedish has received a number of awards\. Including the Silver and Bronze Level Beacon Awards, Leapfrog Hospital award for three years in a row, Summit Award, 2011\-2012 Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence from Health Grades, "A" grade by Leapfrog and Hospital Safety score "A" by the Leapfrog Group\.
Choosing a RN Residency Program Matters
Please visit our Swedish Medical Center Foundation \- Destination Swedish story "The RN Residency Program" for a 9 minute video that provides a great overview as well as first\-hand testimonials from recent graduates of our program\. http://www\.youtube\.com/watch?v=JGykf6seYSU
- Cohort hiring provides new RNs the opportunity to experience the program in a setting that provides a consistent and structured experience\.
- Integrated classroom and clinical experiences under the guidance and support of Preceptors, Clinical Educators and Professional Development Specialists\. Clinical experience is under the direct one on one supervision of a Preceptor\.
- Swedish nurses chose a system\-wide professional practice model through a collaborative vote as part of SMC's Clinical Excellence and Magnet Journey\. This journey initiated a new culture of excellence and has enhanced nursing professional practice by fostering nursing autonomy and empowerment\. View the practice model here: http://fhscms\-ps01/Stellent/groups/standards/documents/swedstd/swed\_018109\.pdf
- Simulated Clinical Experience with high fidelity mannequins, which offers the opportunity to practice in a safe and educationally structured environment\.
- Residents will experience the real\-time consequences of their nursing actions and decisions\. A thorough debriefing will enhance the learning experience\.
- At Swedish, we highly value our RN staff and strive to offer numerous professional development opportunities both at the individual level as well as opportunities to participate in shared leadership, our Nursing Quality leadership group, among others\.
We have positions available at each of our 5 facilities \- First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Issaquah, and Edmonds\. http://www\.swedish\.org/Locations
We offer career tracks in specialized areas of care, giving our residents the ability to focus on areas that match their interests and career goals\. There is only one application to complete; during the application process candidates will be able to designate their area of interest\.
August 2017 anticipated open units:
- Adult Critical Care
- Emergency Nursing
- Medical Surgical Specialties
- RN residents are hired into "orientation" positions/units\. Near the end of the orientation phase of residency RN residents are assigned to work on a specific unit and shift\. Most RN residents stay on the unit they are oriented to, but if there is no open position on that unit the RN resident will be transferred to a similar unit where a position is open\. Most are assigned to 12 hour night shifts\.
- New graduate registered nurses are hired in three cohort groups each year
- Applications are accepted prior to licensure, but an active RN license is required prior to the start date\.
- Applications are screened by the Human Resources Department\. Applicants that successfully meet the requirements of the position will be contacted for a phone interview with the Nurse Recruiter\. During this interview applicants are asked to identify their preferred area of clinical practice\. A list of open units will be provided prior to the phone interview\.
- Additional interviews will be conducted with the hiring manager and peer interview team for those applicants who are successful in the HR screening process\.
If you are ready to move forward in the process, please indicate your interest by clicking through the "Apply Now" button at the top of bottom of this page\. You will be taken through application steps and be asked to provide information around your education and any work experience\.
To be considered for the RN Residency Program:
- You must be a graduate nurse or a professional RN with less than 6 months of professional experience at the time of your application\.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- You can verify your program's eligibility here http://ccne\.desertrose\.net/reports/accprog\.asp or here http://www\.acenursing\.net/accreditedprograms/directorySearch\.htm
- Strong preference will be given to graduates of an accredited BSN program\.
- Active Washington State RN license by the program start date
- Willingness to commit to full\-time employment for 2 years\. Residents sign a 2 year agreement with Swedish\.
- Ability to work evening, night and weekend shifts
- The Residency is an intense program and we cannot guarantee any time off during the orientation period \(estimated 12 weeks to 18 weeks\)
Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish has a non\-discrimination policy and is an Equal Opportunity Employer\.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: RN Resident
Req ID: 145228