Providence is calling an Assistant Nurse Manager - Emergency (1.0 FTE, Evenings) to Providence Health & Services in Centralia, WA.
We are seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager to provide direct nursing supervision on the unit ensuring comprehensive and quality patient care.
In this position you will:
- Participate in the hiring of new employees.
- Assist with timely and accurate evaluations of staff according to PCH standards.
- Collaborate with the Nurse Manager to update and revise policies, procedures, protocols, processes, standards, and job descriptions.
- Demonstrate above average skill in conflict resolution, negotiation of solutions, communicates positive and constructive feedback within the department and at the hospital level.
- Participate in coordination and implementation of staff, unit based council and Charge RN meetings. Collaborate with the Nurse Manager, Director and Educator for meeting content.
- Participate as representative of the department on assigned hospital wide committees.
- Collaborate with the Nurse Manager and Director to meet regulatory agency and PCH requirements.
- Observe and assure clinical staff skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability in utilizing routine and specialized computer programs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN).
- Washington State Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Additional certifications may be encouraged based on area of specialty; ACLS, PALS, or ENPC.
- Three years of acute care nursing experience within the last five years.
- Emergency Department experience.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 149859