Providence is calling a Surgical Technician to Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
We are seeking a Surgical Tech to collaborate with an Operating Room (OR) team in providing efficient, safe, cost effective patient care outcomes before, during and after surgery.
In this position you will:
- Set up and maintain a sterile field
- Prepare the surgical environment for the patient and the procedure being performed
- Maintain familiarity, function and proper care of all operating room equipment and instruments
- Work closely with the surgical patient and the perioperative team, and assist the surgeon, as necessary, during procedures
- Initiate responsibility for care of specimens
- Anticipate the needs of the surgical team according to the requirements of the procedure
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician program
- Current Surgical Technologist license in Washington State
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent operating room experience.
- Current National Certified Surgical Technician certification
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Surgical Techs
Req ID: 135809