Providence is calling a Speech Language Pathologist (Physical Therapy Dept, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE, $2,000 Sign On Bonus) to Providence Mount Carmel Hospital in Colville, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- In accordance with physician request, provide initial evaluation and recommend appropriate treatment plan.
- Partner with fellow care providers to provide therapy for the recovery or improvement of patient's speech or swallowing function.
- Provide education to patient and family regarding the therapy and maintenance of the speech or swallowing disorder.
- Utilize software systems for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Current Speech Therapy licensure in Washington State and Oregon State
- Current American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with clinical responsibilities in a hospital, clinic, home health or skilled nursing facility or other related medical field
About the hospital you will serve.
Mount Carmel Hospital is a Critical Access hospital in Colville, WA serving a three county area in Northeast Washington. We are a progressive, full service hospital offering advanced medical and surgical care as well as specialty support and outpatient services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Speech Therapy
Req ID: 134771