Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Scheduler \(0\.2, Days\) to work in Medical Imaging at Swedish Mill Creek in Everett, WA
The Scheduler for Medical Imaging is responsible for a wide range of routine to moderately complex support tasks for medical imaging and prioritizes multiple tasks during high volumes\. These responsibilities include scheduling outpatient imaging services for CT, MRI, Ultrasound, and Radiology\. In addition, all imaging services that are generated through the emergency department need to be scheduled\.
In this position you will:
- Schedule appointments for the following departments: CT, MRI, Ultrasound, and Radiology, based on working knowledge of exams and patient preparation for same
- Coordinate Imaging Services exams with other hospital departments, physician offices and prepares daily schedule for distribution
- Follow up on patient orders and referrals to facilitate making the correct appointment
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experienced in obtaining insurance verifications, referrals and authorizations
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school with emphasis in healthcare, or six months to one year related experience and/or training in health care related field
- Medical imaging experience
- Medical Terminology Certification or successful completion of a Medical Terminology course within six months from date of hire
About the Mill Creek Campus:
Swedish/Mill Creek has 86,000 square feet of space on three above\-ground levels and a partial basement\. The E\.D\. – which is open and staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week – features 18 emergency exam rooms and six additional observation beds\. It shares the first floor with a complete diagnostic imaging center with X\-ray, mammography, ultrasound, CT scan and MRI, which is staffed by partners from Seattle Radiology\. A full laboratory and offices for primary\- and specialty\-care providers are on floors two and three\. Swedish/Mill Creek can immediately treat patients suffering from stroke to severe lacerations or burns, broken bones, sports injuries, allergic reactions, food poisoning, work\-related injuries and many other medical emergencies and non\-emergencies\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 154092