Providence is calling a Cook II to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
This is an on-call, variable shift position and is eligible for a 12% premium pay in lieu of benefits.
We're seeking a detail-oriented individual to prepare high quality and nutritious foods for patients, staff and visitors.
In this position you will:
- Prepare food for patients, retail and catering.
- Follow standardized recipes to prepare hot meals, and use knowledge of dietary restrictions to make modifications as necessary.
- Maintain inventory.
- Assist in dish room (washing dishes, pots, pans, and cleaning area and restocking).
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, storage preparation and serving of food.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED
- Current Food Handling Permit
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions in English
- Progressive experience in institutional cooking, preparing foods in high quantities
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Culinary training
- Proficiency in basic math skills
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 149268