Providence is calling a Laboratory Assistant to the Laboratory department at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
The Laboratory Assistant is responsible for the processing of appropriate samples for testing.
This is an on-call, variable shift position and is eligible for a 12% premium pay in lieu of benefits. This is a temporary position. The approximate duration of this position is up to twelve (12) months.
In this position you will:
- Computer inquiry and entry to maintain patient demographics as well as test ordering details in multiple computer systems in accordance with compliance guidelines
- Process and prepare samples for testing at PRMCE laboratories and Patient Service Centers
- Process all specimen types and sources to be analyzed by the laboratory including blood, urine, cultures and other body fluids
- Process, prepare and package samples for delivery to reference labs
- Conduct work in accordance with all regulatory accreditation agency requirements
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current CPR certification
- Computer experience with ability to type 30 WPM and keypunch skills of 12000 KPH
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior experience in a laboratory or related science environment
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Phlebotomist & Lab Support
Req ID: 149222