Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(1\.0 FTE, Days\) to work in Outpatient Oncology at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA\.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation\.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for planning and providing comprehensive outpatient care to patient/families with cancer being cared for by the Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology physician\(s\) at the Swedish Cancer Institute
- Be responsible for providing infusions \(including chemotherapy and biologic therapy\), blood products, and procedures to the ambulatory patient at the direction of the physician
- Be responsible for triage, symptom management, patient/family education, and end\-of life care issues for medical oncology and radiation oncology patients
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\) from an accredited school of nursing or must actively pursue and attain a BSN within six years of hire
- Current Washington State Registered Nursing license
- Chemotherapy certification
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification or must attain within 3 months of hire
- Minimum of one year of current medical oncology, radiation oncology and/or infusion oncology nursing experience, preferably in an acute care facility
- Must be able to triage patient needs both in the clinic and on the telephone
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Oncology Certified Nurse certification
- IV Therapy certification
- IV skills
About the Issaquah Campus
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different\. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Req ID: 146616