The Swedish Cancer Institute is looking for a Research Coordinator II \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) at the Issaquah campus in Issaquah, WA\.
The Research Coordinator II independently coordinates research and administrative tasks in support of one or more research studies\. Works with study investigators and supervisor to address study\-related issues\. Backs up other coordinators as needed\. Supports department financial performance through budgeting, billing and as directed\. This position may entail regular after\-hours support, occasional on\-call work and occasional overnight business travel
In this position you:
- May develop specialized research instruments and assist in the preparation of scientific manuscripts or presentations\.
- Will exhibit increased productivity and independence relative to Research Coordinator I
- Will train other research coordinators in the proper conduct of research studies and participates in quality control activities, as directed
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree \(preferably in science, healthcare, or other related field\)\. Significant experience in research coordination may be substituted for educational requirements
- Minimum of three years experience in related area
- Advanced knowledge of FDA research policies, other applicable federal regulations and/or GCP guidelines
- Expertise in standard office software packages \(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc\.\), standard office equipment \(photocopiers, facsimiles, telephones, pagers, etc\.\)
- Familiar with and comfortable with research methodology and the "scientific method": for conducting research projects
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator \(CCRC\) or similar professional research certification
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different\. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Research
Req ID: 149317