Providence is calling a Sterile Processing Technician to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
This is a per diem, variable shift position.
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to sterilize surgical instruments and other medical equipment.
In this position you will:
- Sort, disassemble, clean and disinfect trays, instruments, carts, supplies and equipment
- Select and use effective and safe sterilization procedures and cleaning methods
- Operate and maintain cleaning, sanitizing and sterilization equipment
- Provide instrument sets for surgical procedures and case carts for booked and emergency surgery
- Use computers to maintain supplies and records
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED or 4 years of work experience)
- Completion of Central Services Technician or Surgery Technologist training program (1 year of hospital sterile processing experience will substitute for CST education requirement)
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Hospital sterile processing or health care materials management experience
- Current Central Supply Certification or Surgery Technology Certification in Washington State
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Sterile Processing Techs (Central Services Techs)
Req ID: 152906