Providence is calling an Outpatient Clinic Registrar (On-Call, Variable Shift) to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a customer-oriented individual to complete patient admissions and registration.
In this position you will:
- Interview patients to accurately obtain all preliminary information required for admission, such as the patient's name, address, age, medical history, present medications, previous hospitalizations, religion, persons to notify in case of emergency, attending physician, and the party responsible for payment.
- Prepare admitting and discharge records and route them to appropriate departments.
- Explain various admission forms and policies, obtain signatures, hold discussions on financial responsibility and receive payments.
- Perform insurance verification, authorization and notification.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year clerical experience
- Three years customer service experience
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous admissions experience
- Knowledge of insurance billing, collections and plan types
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficiency with business software such as Microsoft Office
- Prior Epic experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Req ID: 152069