Providence is calling a Triage Registered Nurse (RN) (Hospice, Days, 0.6) to Providence Sound HomeCare and Hospice in Olympia, Washington.
**EMPLOYEES NEW TO PROVIDENCE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
The schedule for this part time, in-office role is 8:00am-4:30pm, Fri.-Sun. The work environment can be fast-paced and stressful. Responsibilities include supporting patients and family members by phone, ordering medications for a census of 250 patients, scheduling admissions, and triaging patient visits for urgent needs. Other duties as required.
In this position you will:**
- Assess the needs of the patient during a phone conversation, and then plan, coordinate, implement and revise the Plan of Care.
- Promote patient and family choice, assuring continuity of care and enhancing the quality of life of dying patients.
- Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary hospice group with the goals of anticipating changes in the patient's condition and avoiding crises.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Valid driver's license and insured, reliable vehicle
- Three (3) years clinical experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Hospice certification or advanced certification
- Prior hospice, home health, long-term Care, medical/surgical, and/or oncology experience
- Prior experience with telephone triage
- Prior experience using Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Outlook
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice, in Olympia, Washington, is a home health and hospice ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout Mason, Lewis and Thurston counties in Washington state. Our team brings the Providence tradition of excellence into the home setting, and work together with physicians, patients, family members and insurance providers to meet each patient's unique needs. Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice is a non-profit, state licensed and Medicare certified agency.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 152913