Providence is calling a Laboratory Technician to Providence Medical Group in Olympia, WA.
This is an on-call, variable shift position and is eligible for a 15% premium pay in lieu of benefits.
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician who will be responsible for operating laboratory equipment including HIS/LIS systems, pneumatic Tube System, specimen handling and processing, shipping of Laboratory specimens for at Reference Laboratories. The Technical Lab Assistant will also obtain blood samples by skin puncture, venipuncture; Therapeutic blood collection and EKG test procedures.
In this position you will:
- Perform reception and telephone duties.
- POC testing
- Handle and process specimen collection (ie.) Courier Drops, Health Care Professional Drops, Tube Station Specimen Drops.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the unit's testing procedures, systems and databases as necessary to the position
- Perform office/clerical tasks such as filing, copying, and typing.
- Clean and maintain equipment and keeps the laboratory area clean and orderly.
- Perform EKG test procedures and phlebotomy tasks, collects venous blood specimens from patient age groups, as certified.
- Answer the phone, properly route calls, act as a knowledgeable resource for lab-related questions.
- Properly collect and process specimens from patients
- Perform and report waived POC testing per standard protocol, and under oversight of SWR Point of Care Coordinator.
- Manage and maintain reagents appropriate to the setting
- Perform appropriate quality control and maintenance procedures, consistent with instrumentation on-site and on-site test menu
- Maintain clean and safe environment for both staff and patients
- Other Duties as Assigned
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Clinical laboratory experience, or completion of approved phlebotomy or Medical Assistant training program
- Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist Certification (MA-P), WSDL and safe driving record.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current CLP (ASCP) Registered Phlebotomist or equivalent certification
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and team
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 151765