Providence is calling a Chief Learning Officer to Providence St. Joseph Health in Renton, WA.
The Chief Learning Officer (CLO) is responsible for system-wide development and on-going management and implementation of Providence's Talent Management and Learning strategies, initiatives, policies and practices, and programs, all aimed at building organization capability in achieving a competitive advantage through its robust pipeline and the maximization of caregiver effectiveness and efficiency. In this role, the Chief Learning Officer must partner effectively with Providence's senior leadership team to ensure alignment with the changing competitive landscape and Providence's strategic direction, focusing on inspiring and developing the capability of our entire workforce, positioning the organization for growth.
In this position you will:
- Partner with business leaders, OS&D, TA, and CHROs to formulate a Talent and Organization Strategy, focused on the long-term organizational and talent capabilities needed to drive the business strategies of the organization. This plan would translate into a multi-pronged "Buy/Build/Inspire "set of strategies and tactics.
- Use Providence's leadership competencies to effectively develop all caregivers through the application of multi-modal development methods and experiences aimed at the workforce of tomorrow, ultimately improving organizational capability.
- Oversee the performance development and career management systems engaging in the continuous improvement and enhancement of these programs to drive a "culture of development" across Providence.
- Oversee the development of a Providence Career Portal, inclusive of enhancements to the LMS, creating a one-stop platform for everything "Career and Development". A gateway for all caregivers to have direct access to real-time tools, resources, learning, etc. and entrance to meaningful and impactful learning experiences.
- Design and execute Providence's Talent Review process, including the alignment of key people strategies to business strategies, an assessment of the organization's talent pipeline, and key commitments for future workforce development.
- Evolve the PHS Executive Coaching and assessment processes (including executive assessments as well as individual & team 360s) to ensure a consistent and impactful experience for all leaders with measurable outcomes.
- Establish and manage a Talent Mobility strategy and process to facilitate the movement of key talent across the organization both to benefit the individual's career progression and to support the organization's needs.
- Ensure all new executives are onboarded quickly to minimize time to productivity.
- Establish and maintain a Talent Management and Learning evaluation system in cooperation with internal and external providers/vendors to evaluate the effectiveness of program outcomes and to implement enhancements as needed.
- Develop and deliver Talent dashboards for core leaders managing key Talent metrics (e.g., learning penetration levels, behavior change, talent bench strength/successors, talent movement, etc.) as well as the efficiency and effectiveness of all TM&L investments.
- Work with Communications, OS&D, TA and Human Resources and others to promote Providence's brand as an organization that develops its workforce.
- Ongoing familiarity with best practices and networks with key external CLO leaders to stay on the cutting edge of the Learning and Development, Talent Management, Career Development and Performance Management disciplines.
- Create relationships with all key executives and build trust and credibility within the organization.
- Lead a team of 40 Talent Management and Learning professionals that have system and regional accountability for the development of our internal talent pipeline through learning & development.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in leadership, HR, strongly preferred
- At least 10 years as a senior-level talent management and learning leader (CLO preferred) over multi-location and multi-geographical (multi-state preferred) locations, with at least 5 years of experience at company's with 50,000 employees
- Experience working directly with CEO and Business Presidents (Regional Chief Executives) on major talent initiatives
- Experience working in large organizations, recognized for developing talent & contributing best practices in the talent space
- Experience designing and implementing innovative enterprise-level talent management and learning programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence across geography and culture
- Ability to measure and articulate key talent outcomes that impact the business
- Experience building high performance teams and leading through others to implement major solutions, requiring ownership, buy-in, and support
- Demonstrated ability to flex style and solutions to the needs of the individual, organization, or environment
- Passion for innovation with a sense of urgency
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Experience in leading within a matrixed environment
- Experience in HR strategic planning and working through local strategic partnerships, service center environment and centers of expertise to achieve aligned objectives
- Ability to get key HR objectives accomplished though others – both direct report leaders as well as through leaders outside direct reporting relationship
- Initiates new ideas as well as delivers what is requested
Providence St. Joseph Health was established on July 1, 2016, creating the second largest Catholic health system and fourth largest non-profit integrated delivery system in the country, which provides a broad range of health and outreach services throughout the western United States. With total revenues exceeding $20 billion in fiscal year 2015, the health system family includes 50 acute care hospitals as well as home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, insurance plans and physician organizations. Providence St. Joseph Health includes more than 100,000 caregivers, 829 outpatient clinics, 23,000 physicians, across seven states. The system has 1.9 million covered lives.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Leadership
Req ID: 152973