Providence is calling a Purchasing Assistant to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Purchasing Assistant to perform a variety of general office and procurement functions which support the Procurement Services pillar of Supply Chain Management.
In this position you will:
- Greet visitors, directs phone calls to appropriate staff, answer customer questions, assist with vendor inquiries, furnish information regarding the department, procedures, maintain the RepTrax kiosks, etc.
- Assist with inputing purchase order data into the Materials Management Information System (MMIS) for procurement of equipment and supplies
- Input receiving data into Materials Management Information System (MMIS)
- Assists in problem resolution regarding receiving and discrepancies with Accounting and other departments
- Assist in expediting all issues pertaining to acquisition, receiving, distribution and invoice reconciliation
- File purchase orders, requisitions, contracts, and maintains files
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate/GED equivalent
- 2-3 years general office experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous Supply Chain Management experience
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Materials Management
Req ID: 150970