Providence is calling a Contract Administrator to Providence in Renton, WA.
The position is responsible for the identification and preliminary analysis of contracting opportunities. This position will be responsible for pursuing the contracting opportunities through the use of negotiations, Request for Proposal (RFP) and competitive bidding processes. This includes promoting cost effectiveness and operational efficiency in the contracting, purchasing, and utilization and for performing other duties and responsibilities in support of the programs, activities, and staff of the One Supply Chain Management strategy.
In this position you will:
Manage strategic supplier relationships with regard to Region and Facility level sourcing, negotiation and administration of agreements for the Region and Facilities team; manage facility and or Region contracts "upward" toward enterprise-wide strategies; manage strategic supplier relationships; coordinate and facilitate resource sharing and consensus building processes and programs in collaboration with administrative, clinical and non-clinical staff.
Required Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Region or enterprise level strategic sourcing or experience in a healthcare setting, and five (5) years total relevant supply chain management experience.
- Proficiency with the MS-Office suite of products, Outlook, and General Lawson MMIS knowledge.
- Must have proven ability to interact at and communicate to all levels of an organization.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills and the ability to manage shifting priorities are critical for success in this position.
Key experience highlights include:
- Sourcing and contracting for medical and non-medical supplies at a Region or large Facility level.
- Creating and successfully executing strategic plans for highly complex issues.
- Healthcare business operations and/or financial management experience in a healthcare setting.
- Standardizing complex and disparate processes within a large healthcare organization.
- Process improvement methodology, change management, and operational improvement in complex systems.
Preferred Qualifications for this position include:
- CPRM certification
- Region level experience with strategy development and contract management.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 146073