Providence is calling a Buyer of Procurement Services to Providence Health and Services in Renton, WA.
This position is responsible for the purchases of equipment and supplies, to provide for the timely & cost-effective acquisition of items supporting the ministries operations.
In this position you will:
- Ensure that procurement procedures are consistently followed. Procures supplies and services that best combine quality, cost, lead time, and service.
- Interacts directly with department requestors, assists departments in initiating requisitions and orders, and solves problems with orders. Examines and analyzes departmental requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information, contacts department or requestor to clarify or complete information; determines best method to place orders.
- Actively supports use of the electronic purchasing and procurement system (Lawson) and assists in the development of systems and structures to support a highly compliant electronic requisition program in the respective geographic region; including department-specific template development for a more satisfactory customer experience.
- Stay current on contracts and pricing agreements. Assist Sr. Buyers or Supervisor in identifying and implementing cost reduction initiatives. Assists in the maintenance of item pricing and contract updates. Meet with representative of suppliers and stay up to date with trends, securing favorable terms, update records and files, and secures samples, descriptions, photos or information for departments.
- Contribute to the proper and timely payment of invoices by communicating with vendors and maintaining communication with Accounts Payable. Reconciles shipping problems with receiving and backorders with vendors.
- Assists in the evaluation and implementation of new products, obtains samples for evaluation, and prepares cost comparisons, as required. Familiarize yourself with products and equipment Alerts and Recalls notices. Assists in performing searches and documents actions taken.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- An Associates' degree or two years college course work with emphasis in Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Five years experience in the acquisition of healthcare supplies, service, and equipment.
- Two years experience in using a materials management information system.
- Two years experience in inventory control using an auto –replenishment system.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certification from a nationally recognized purchasing firm; Institute of Supply Management (ISM), Association of HealthCare Materials Management (AHRMM *)* preferred.
- Experience in MS Excel & MS Word.
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Materials Management
Req ID: 150984