Providence is calling a Senior Accountant to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to perform complex accounting functions including fiscal interpretation and analysis requiring professional competency. Primary areas of responsibility include: general ledger, standard and special journal entries, financial statements and reports, account analysis and reconciliations.
In this position you will:
- Review the operating statements for designated division and/or departments and prepares journal entries to facilitate timely and accurate financial statements.
- Prepare and present monthly quantitative and qualitative analyses of assigned divisions and/or departments by the deadlines with particular emphasis on explanation of variances from budget and recent prior months.
- Review new agreements for assigned entities for accounting related items and recommend changes to current accounting processes.
- Assist entity management with questions relating to their monthly financial management reports and other questions.
- Prepare tax returns including local, state, and federal returns.
- Understand and prepare the proper elimination entries and procedures for consolidating entities.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years of general ledger work and expertise in the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements in a complex business environment.
- Microsoft Office applications, Intermediate Excel, Basic Word, Outlook, and Access.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Five years of professional level general or public accounting experience.
- Prior experience with Depreciation, Corporate leases/ rental income
- Prior Lawson experience
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 153542