This posting is not a specific job vacancy. This posting serves to establish interested candidates for current or future opportunities for a Collections Specialist positions at various locations and various shifts at Renton, WA
The Collections Specialist contributes to the achievement of financial targets, performance standards and service delivery.
In this position you will:
- Take initiative to secure payment or resolve delinquent account balances.
- Negotiate terms of repayment to bring accounts current.
- Skip tracing to ensure optimal opportunities for account resolution.
- Re-establish defaulted payment plans. Resolve exceptions to ensure the proper flow of accounts through the collections process.
- Minimize accounts written off to internal bad debt.
- Minimize the number of accounts referred to third party collections agencies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years experience in call center, billing, collections or financial industry
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- American Collectors Association (ACA) certification or similar certification in credit and collections
- Prior Epic experience
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Req ID: 151466