Providence is calling a Throughput Program Manager to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Throughput Program Manager to lead (in conjunction with local leaders within organizations across Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and its affiliates) the organization's system-wide throughput improvement program. The program is designed to empower market- and facility-based throughput improvement efforts by: Fostering a vibrant best practice-sharing collaborative; defining, measuring, and reporting standard throughput metrics; Coordinating standard information tools to enhance throughput management; and assisting local throughput efforts via strategic consultation.
The Program Manager works closely with local Leadership and, predominately through influence, leads cross functional teams to define, market, and implement throughput improvement efforts.
In this position you will:
- Serve as convener and leader of the system-wide throughput collaborative.
- Serve as lead staff (under the sponsorship of Sr Vice President, Clinical Program Services (CPS)) for the system-wide throughput steering committee, including creation and maintenance of ongoing throughput reporting and dashboard disciplines.
- Lead cross functional teams in brainstorming, idea development and implementation plans for throughput improvement initiatives.
- Educate and lead through influence teams' progress through opportunity discovery, organization design, change management and quantitative analysis efforts.
- Establish rapport with team member's system-wide to generate practical solutions, and successful implementation.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree or blend of equivalent education and experience.
- 5 years of experience in operations within a healthcare environment, 4 years managing a team within a healthcare functional area, showing progressive advancement toward broad objectives.
- Experience leading organizational transformation programs from conceptualization through implementation.
- Operational experience/expertise in one or more clinical areas (Nursing, Ambulatory Care, Ancillary Care, Surgery/Procedure Based Care).
- Advanced Excel, Power Point, Word, MS Project, and Visio skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- MBA, MHA or MS degree or equivalent blend of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience within PSJH and its affiliates.
- 5 years of experience in process transformation including the use of benchmarks.
- Experience as a consulting (non-line reporting) leader generating results through redesigned processes, and associated organizational, governance, and reporting disciplines.
- Experience with organization efficiency and process management initiatives, including Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Formal project management experience.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Req ID: 153875