Providence is calling an Instructional Designer to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for collaborating with the Training Delivery Team in scoping, designing, creating and maintaining training materials for the IS organization. Uses instructional systems design and other approaches to determine appropriate materials and resources to achieve objectives.
In this position you will:
- Work with the Training Delivery and Media and Innovations Teams to identify training modalities and develop training materials that can be used effectively with defined audiences.
- Research business needs and potential options for materials, creating, buying or modifying materials as appropriate to meet the organization's learning needs.
- Serve as a curriculum consultant to trainers and e-learning developers, providing expertise in content, format and media.
- Review and interpret feedback received regarding training experience and related learning materials and adjust materials as necessary to insure usability and success.
- Maintain training materials to insure ongoing usability and management or training materials, including version control.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree in adult learning, education, instructional design, technical documentation or a related field, OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum of two year's demonstrated experience in a closely related field.
- Skill in communicating information to a wide variety of audiences using a variety of media; producing materials through the use of facilitation and collaboration.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 152737