Providence is calling a CDL Driver Class A to Providence Health & Services in Spokane, WA.
We are seeking a CDL Driver Class A to be responsible for delivering product to multiple locations throughout Washington, Oregon and Montana. The employees will unload the freight with a pallet jack, safely driving late model tractor trailers. This may be a day, evening or night shift position to include weekends and occasional holidays.
In this position you will:
- Comply with all company policies, local and work safety rules, and federal, state and local regulations that govern the industry.
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination in urban, suburban, and rural environments and in all types of weather conditions between company facilities and various customers.
- Receive and verify dispatch instructions; complete necessary paperwork for transport of hazardous materials and delivery documents.
- Participate in training programs; maintain and update driving safety and skills.
- Conducts pre-trip inspections to ensure safe working conditions of the tractor and trailer prior to each trip.
- Checks gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions, ensures seal on trailers and conduct inspection of vehicle before and during trips to determine problems that may be occurring.
- Promptly report all problems to Transportation Supervisor and Manager.
- Work the dock to include loading and unloading freight with care to include proper load securement.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED).
- Be at least 23 years.
- Have verifiable adverse weather, mountain pass experience with chain-up and doubles.
- Have no record of DUI, Reckless Driving, and License Suspension or at fault Accidents during the past three years.
- Possess a Class A CDL, with Hazmat and Doubles/Triples endorsements.
- Have a valid DOT Medical Certification.
- Able to pass a DOT pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT medical requirements.
- Ability to push or pull a pallet jack with a minimum of 70 lbs.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A minimum of five years verifiable commercial driving experience with similar equipment, e.g. 32' double vans, 40', 48' and 53' vans. If less than 5 years' experience must be willing to enter into a 90 day New Driver Entry DOT Training Program.
About the department you will serve.
Supply Chain Management supports the transformation of quality and affordable care by delivering excellence through a system wide, integrated supply chain that provides strategic leadership and services to customers and caregivers. This team is proud to be the service that fills the caring hands that heal patients.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Transportation
Req ID: 153562