Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.6 FTE, Night shift\) to work in the Neuro and Spine OR at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The acclaimed Seattle Neuroscience Institute \(SNI\) performs more spine surgeries that anywhere else on the west coast\! We provide advanced, progressive treatment for a wide range of brain, spine and central nervous system conditions\. We have a roster of world class neurosurgeons that in conjunction with the rest of the OR staff, create a truly collaborative and innovative environment, where everyone works together to provide the best patient care possible\.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate the activities of the health care team during surgical intervention, delegating duties as needed\.
- Relay information to the patient and family as appropriate, providing emotional support and comfort\.
- Prepare the surgical site using aseptic techniques\.
- Initiate nursing actions based on physiological and psychological changes\.
- Deliver conscious sedation, providing psychological support to the patient when needed\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Current Basic Life Support Certification \(BLS\)
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Surgical Services \(Intraop\)
Req ID: 142610