Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.9 FTE, Nights\) to work in the Float Pool at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA\.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse who will float between our Med/Surg and Behavioral Health departments who will uphold the Swedish standards in patient care\. These nurses will be role models demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude, and strong problem solving skills\.
\\*\PAID RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE\\*\
In this position you will:
- Experience a variety of units and patient populations requiring the full array of your nursing skills
- As a float pool member you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of teams, working closely with the administrative supervisor and contribute to the wellbeing of all patients and care teams
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS & ACLS Certification
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- BSN degree strongly preferred
- Telemetry and/or monitoring experience preferred
- 2 years of experience as an RN in Med/Surg at an acute care/hospital setting
- Float Pool RN experience in a hospital facility
- Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff
About the Ballard Campus
Swedish's Ballard campus is a 135 bed community hospital that works closely within our 5 hospital system to meet the continuum of patient care needs\. The campus fosters a team\-oriented work environment and is the first in Washington state to receive Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Float Pool Nursing
Req ID: 142875