Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Maintenance Engineer II \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in Facility Management at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Maintenance Engineer II is responsible for performing high skill level troubleshooting, diagnosis, installation and repair of critical and non\-critical mechanical plant systems and equipment\. Systems include HVAC – plumbing – electrical \- medical gas – fire and life safety and other specialized equipment \.
In this position you will:
- Plan and complete repairs and installations using diagrams, blueprints, schematics and O&M manuals
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance and documentation of plant systems
- Have the ability to perform code red drills
- Work autonomously with little direct supervision
- High school education or GED
- Must have successfully completed at least one formal specialized, related training courses\.
- Must have valid licenses as required to perform assigned tasks
- Must have at least five years experience in equipment inspection, testing, repair and maintenance of required systems and equipment
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Facilities / Engineering
Req ID: 143229