Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Manager Cancer Informatics, Quality and Registry \(Full Time, Day Shift\) to work in the Cancer Institute Health Info Services department at out First Hill campus located in Seattle, WA\.
The Manager of Cancer Informatics, Quality and Registry works at the direction of the Director of Quality and Clinical Practice and with key physician/scientists to provide expertise and leadership in meeting informatics, quality and cancer registry needs across the SCI network\.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Managing oversight to assigned areas of the Swedish Cancer Institute including cancer performance improvement and other areas as needed
- Developing processes and methods for collecting and presenting data for quality improvement, performance improvement and other areas as needed
- Collect, organize, and evaluate data and data analytics to support research, financial and other initiatives
- Leads and supports efforts in informatics planning and development to further achieve strategic information objectives
- Working collaboratively with other programs and departments with the SCI and throughout the Providence system
- Supporting efforts to assure compliance with accreditation and regulatory bodies for the cancer registry including ACS Commission on Cancer survey
- Striving to maintain expert level knowledge of current healthcare informatics and technology
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Public Health Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of three years related experience or training in at least two of the following areas\- administration in hospitals with comprehensive programs and services, administration of medical group\(s\) with hospital affiliation\(s\), informatics implementation of health care programs or health care consulting for hospital and/or ambulatory care clients
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams to gain consensusMust possess analytical skills and the ability to develop and assess strategic and business plans
- Ability to effectively communicate information and reports to professionals, clients, customers, and external communities
- Ability to work in an internal consultant or senior staff role, with or without management authority
- Experience with quality improvement, lean management, or IS system implementation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneouslyIn depth knowledge of the health care industry and its continual evolution
About the Swedish Cancer Institute
The Swedish Cancer Institute \(SCI\) utilizes a team of providers focused exclusively on cancer care, from diagnosis to treatment to survivorship\. We've been a Seattle\-area leader in innovative cancer diagnosis, treatment and recovery since 1932\.
Our specialists have helped develop screening tests, technologies and therapies that are now helping cancer patients around the world\. We've cared for more patients than any other cancer center in the Northwest\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Informatics
Req ID: 153188