Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Cardiac Electrophysiology Technologist \(0\.9 FTE, Day shift\) to work in the Electrophysiology Lab at the Cherry Hill campus in Seattle, Washington\.
The Cardiac Electrophysiologist assists the physician in the invasive testing and/or treatment of patients in the Electrophysiology Lab\.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for providing specialized technical support and assistance to the physician in the precise diagnostic mapping of patient\-specific lesions, related testing and treatment of adult and pediatric patients\.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems
- Work closely with Clinical Engineering staff to maximize the functionality of the equipment and minimize downtime\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of 2 year Invasive Cardiology program, or IBHRE endorsed certificate
- Certified by the Washington State Department of Health as a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist \(CVIS\)
- RCES, RCIS or CEPS certification
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification \(BLS\-CPR\)
- Recent Cardiac Cath Lab experience or graduate of EP certificate program
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support \(ACLS\)
- Recent Electrophysiology Lab experience
- Knowledge of advanced electrophysiology mapping techniques, ablation equipment \(cryo\-ablation, RF, and microwave ablation\) and related subspecialty technology, including computer based electrophysiology lab monitoring equipment\.
About the Cherry Hill Campus\.
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary\-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health\-care system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Cath Lab
Req ID: 137615