Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Mammography Technologist \(Per Diem, Day shift\) in Medical Imaging located at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA\.
The Mammography Technologist is required to perform a variety of radiological technical procedures specific to the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease in a high volume outpatient setting\.
In this position you will:
- Interact with patient, explaining procedure thoroughly and answering any questions as appropriate\.
- Accurately produce mammographic images per protocol, making appropriate technical adjustments for body size and habitus, age, and past medical history\.
- In conjunction with the radiologist, perform all departmental special procedures including \(but not limited to\) ultrasound guided aspirations and cores, stereotactic core biopsy, galactography, and needle localizations\.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of radiation safety principles for both patients and self\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of a formal Radiologic Technology Training Program
- Radiologic Technologist registry by ARRT
- Washington State Certified Radiologic Technologist – Diagnostic License
- Dependant on location, prior general radiography experience may be required
- Working knowledge of a variety of x\-ray equipment and associated applications \(specifically digital mammography and related devices, CAD, PACS\)
- Current CPR certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current ARRT advanced certification in mammography \*\If not certified in mammography, candidate will be required to seek and pass advanced certification within 1 year of employment\.\\*
- Two years of full\-time mammography experience
About the Ballard Campus\.
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team\-oriented work environment\. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full\-service Emergency Department\. It is the site of Swedish's Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital\-based drug\- and alcohol\-treatment programs in Seattle\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 143512