Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Laboratory Assistant \(Per Diem, Variable shift\) at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
In this position you will:
- To be in attendance and to be on time at designated station\.
- Collects specimens as directed and delivers them to the appropriate areas of the laboratory, using the appropriate equipment for collection and handling the specimen\.
- Responsible for the required documentation of drawing/receiving samples that is consistent with departmental procedures, providing a complete record\.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees, providing them with consistent information\.
- Performs receptionist duties including greeting and triage of patients between Xray, ECG, and Lab according to established procedures\.
- Perform clerical duties including order entry and data searches\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent\.
- Minimum one year experience in phlebotomy or completion of a formal training program
- Current MA\-P Certification
- Healthcare Provider CPR \(BLS\) training and certification required
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Lab \(Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist\)
Req ID: 152413