Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Registered Nurse Case Manager \(1\.0, Days\) to work in ACO Support at Swedish Medical Group in Seattle, WA\.
The Registered Nurse Case Manager evaluates and manages the changing health and service needs of the patient\. The Case Manager RN is responsible for providing optimum individual care for the patient/family unit, using the nursing process and interdisciplinary team members\.
In this position you will:
- Develop the initial individualized care plan based on diagnoses and clinical assessment within the time frame identified in guidelines, in collaboration with the Primary Care Provider \(PCP\)
- Collaborate with PCP regarding individual case issues and changes in plan of care
- Establish expected outcomes that are measurable and achievable and provide follow up to client, PCP and health care team
- Evaluate patient's response to care and initiate independent and/or collaborative changes when appropriate
- Co\-manage client health status over time by reducing unnecessary Emergency Department visits, hospital and clinic visits and/or hospital admissions
- Work with the patient, family and provider team to troubleshoot alternative actions prior to suggesting hospitalizations and/or emergency room visits
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Washington State RN license
- CPR certification
- Current BLS certification required or to be obtained at department expense within one month of hire
- Knowledge of community resources and the ability to carry out nursing responsibilities in diverse settings under difficult situations with a diverse patient population with varying healthcare needs
- Adequate knowledge to perform clinical assessments, plan patient care, manage a care plan, and educate and orient families and staff\. Ability to modify services to the age and/or developmental stage of the patient
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians, multi\-disciplinary health care providers, and a wide variety of staff, as well as patients and family members
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing \(BSN\) from a four\-year college or university
- Minimum of Three \(3\) years current experience in a health care environment with home health case management experience
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 151823