Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Medical SafetyOfficer Pharmacist \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) to join the Medication Safety Team forthe Swedish system hospitals\.
We are seeking a detail\-oriented, caring individual whohas a passion for medication safety and improving patient outcomes\. Thisposition is a member of a multi\-disciplinary medication safety team responsiblefor ensuring that the Swedish medication use processes are as safe as possible\.
In this position you will:
- Serve as expert resource on medication safety for the organization
- Collaborate with others in the healthcare system to identify and prioritize medication safety issues for improvement
- Participate in the orientation, education and training of staff in the area of medication safety
- Ensure compliance with Regulatory/Accreditation processes as it relates to safe medication use
- Participate in interdisciplinary medication safety walk\-arounds within the care units
- Oversee reporting and data collection of errors, near misses and adverse drug events
- Research, write and present Focused Case Reviews and Root Cause Analysis events
- Employ quality improvement methodologies and detection methods to identify and improve processes
- Participate in system and local medication safety committees and other committees as appropriate
Required qualifications for the position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy
- Current license to practice as a registered pharmacist in the State of Washington
Preferred Qualifications for this position include:
- 5 years in inpatient operations and medication use processes
- Experience working across multiple disciplines within a large organization
- Knowledge of HPI event scoring, RCA, FCR processes
- Familiarity with error reporting data bases systems \(RL Solutions, Datix, etc\.\)
- Experience implementing ISMP Best Practices
- Advanced computer proficiency \(Excel, Visio, Word, Access\)
- Expertise in medication safety principles and evidence\-based safety practices
- Knowledgeable in the application and use of quality improvement methodologies and tools
- Experience in leading teams, improving processes and system enhancements to improve safety
- Outstanding ability to organize multiple projects, collaborate effectively, and lead groups to accomplish desired results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Swedish Medical Center is the largest nonprofit healthprovider in the greater Seattle area\.
Swedish has three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospitalin Edmonds, a hospital in Issaquah, a freestanding emergency room and specialtycenter in Redmond \(East King County\) and in the Mill Creek area in Everett, anda network of more than 100 specialty\-care and primary\-care clinics\. As of 2015 Swedishhas 12,205 employees and 4,050 Physicians and allied health professionals\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Pharmacy & Pharmacy Support
Req ID: 150230