Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Nutrition Educator \(1\.0, Days\) to work for Bariatric Surgery at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Nutrition Educator is responsible for participating in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the bariatric surgery education program at the Swedish Weight Loss Surgery \(SWLS\) Program\.
In this position you will:
- Apply nutrition care process for developing the patient care plan which includes assessing the needs of the patient and family, formulating the educational plan, implementing, evaluation and revisions as needed\.
- Perform and document comprehensive nutritional assessments on preoperative patients\. Perform and document comprehensive postoperative nutritional assessments\.
- Assist in medical management of patients according to department policies and procedures\.
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills in a variety of educational settings including one\-on\-one instruction and group classes which are age appropriate and culturally relevant\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors Degree in Nutrition Sciences or Dietetics
- Current national registration as a Registered Dietitian
- Washington State Certified Dietitian
- Minimum of four years nutrition experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters Degree
- Certified Diabetes Educator
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Education
Req ID: 152624