Swedish Medical Center is looking for an Environmental Services Technician \(0\.4 FTE, Variable Shift\) to work in Environmental Services at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA\.
This position is a member of a multi\-disciplinary team that maintains the physical environment of the hospital at the highest level of cleanliness, both from an appearance and infection control standpoint\.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate basic, complex and advanced cleaning techniques
- Supply stocking materials used for patient, staff, office, clinic, surgical or visitor areas
- Ability to work in areas that require advanced cleaning techniques such as Surgery, Labor & Delivery, NICU, Emergency Room and Floor careInteract with visitors, patients and staff
- Consistently adhere to department quality standards in the safe use of chemicals, equipment, cleaning techniques and infection control methods
- Dispose of all medical waste, inclusive of hazardous, regulated, infectious, recyclable, and regular appropriately\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school education or equivalent
- Experience in environmental services in a healthcare or hotel setting
- Basic mathematical skills and knowledge of units of measurement
- One year of customer service experience
Preferred qualifications for this position:
- Knowledgeable of patient room Critical Use Equipment \(IV pumps, poles, SCD's, Blood Pressure cuffs, monitors, and cables\), surgical or procedural room cleaning, and NICU, SICU, & PICU equipment cleaning
About the Ballard Campus\.
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team\-oriented work environment\. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full\-service Emergency Department\. It is the site of Swedish's Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital\-based drug\- and alcohol\-treatment programs in Seattle\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Environmental Services/Housekeeping
Req ID: 139997