Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Certified Nursing Assistant \(0\.9 FTE, Variable shift\) to work in the Short Stay Unit department at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Nursing Assistant Certified assists in the delivery of patient care and department related activities under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse\.
In this position you will:
- Provide patient care as directed by the team RN and within scope of practice
- Communicate and document all daily activities and care provided to the patient
- Collaborate with the nurse and other team members to organize and prioritize functions necessary for patient admission and care delivery
- Assist with patient admission, discharge, transfer, and associated documentation
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school education or equivalent
- Current Washington State certification as a Nursing Assistant Certified
- Current CPR certification
- Washington State Medical Assistant \- Registered will be required with Swedish Medical Center facility application completed within 7 days of hire\. Must obtain active license within 60 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Six months of acute care experience
- One year of skilled nursing experience\.
- Acute or skilled experience will be waived if the applicant has demonstrated experience involving customer service in healthcare or other related industry and completion of an acute care NAC course
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Administrative Support \(Clinical\)
Req ID: 151608