Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Hospice, Days, 1.0) to Providence Hospice of Seattle in Seattle, Washington.
This is a case manager role with majority of coverage in North King County. The schedule will be Mon.-Fri., 8am-4:30pm, with weekend rotations every 5th weekend after 6 months.
In this position you will:
- Assess the needs of terminally ill hospice and palliative patients and families, with special attention to the symptoms and comfort of the dying patient.
- Develop and/or implement a holistic Hospice Plan of Care that includes medication, procedures, treatments, patient's goals, and family values.
- Implement nursing interventions based on the Plan of Care and Hospice policies and procedures.
- Anticipate disease progression and implications for symptom management.
- Inform patient and family of current and anticipated changes in patient condition as appropriate.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Current driver's license and automobile insurance
- Three (3) years nursing experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Hospice certification or advanced certification
- Hospice, home health, long-term care, medical/surgical, and/or oncology experience
- Demonstrated skills in clinical nursing assessment and treatment skills
- Proficient in using computers and Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of hospice and palliative care practices
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record systems
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Hospice of Seattle is a not-for-profit, community-based hospice ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout King County in Washington state. We provide comprehensive and compassionate physical, emotional, and spiritual care to adults and children nearing the end of their lives, including support for their families and friends. Our skilled and compassionate team includes nurses, medical social workers, home health aides, chaplains, occupational/physical therapists, medical directors, grief support counselors and volunteers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 153585