Providence is calling a Resident Service Coordinator to Providence Health & Services in Seattle, WA.
The Resident Service Coordinator works primarily to support both individual resident and community well being, education and development. The role requires a variety of functions including individual resident case management, advocacy, counseling, liaison, community development and education. The Resident Service Coordinator's purpose is to ensure aging in place, safety and quality of life.
In this position you will:
- Provide general case management (including intake) and referral services to all residents needing such assistance.
- Establish linkages with all agencies and service providers in the community; shop around to determine/develop the best "deals" in service pricing to assure individualized, flexible and creative services for the involved residents. Set up a directory of providers for use by both project staff and residents.
- Refers and links the residents of the project to services providers in the general community.
- Educate residents on service availability, application procedures, client rights, etc., providing advocacy as appropriate.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A college degree or appropriate work experience.
- Training in the aging process, elder services, disability services, eligibility for and procedures of Federal and applicable State entitlement programs, legal liability issues relating to providing service coordination, drug and alcohol use and abuse by the elderly, and mental health issues.
- Two to three years experience in social service delivery with senior citizens and non-elderly disabled.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of supportive services and other resources for senior citizens and non-elderly disabled in the area served by the project Demonstrated ability to advocate, organize, problem-solve and provide results for the elderly and disabled served.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A Bachelor of Social Work or degree in Gerontology, Psychology or Counseling.
- Some supervisory or management experience.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Req ID: 153545