The Consumer Innovation Group (CIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is creating health related businesses in areas like women's health, senior services and chronic disease. This group partners closely with Providence care givers and patients to create new services and tools designed to support a patient's ongoing health between episodes of care.
We are seeking an entry-level Mobile Developer to help refactor our Circle app from scratch including design, development, production & release. Help us serve the women in our community as they navigate childbitrh, parenting & health by using your strong engineering fundamentals to create a robust, sustainable, elastic, consumer-facing mobile product.
What you'll do:
- Implement solutions based on guidance of senior developers.
- Partner with Quality Assurance Engineers to troubleshoot and resolve product defects, escalating to more senior staff when appropriate.
- Apply expertise in software technology to improve the health care experience for both patients and providers.
- Work with customers, designers and UX experts to design and develop solutions to challenging problems
- Actively work to improve your technical knowledge base.
- Do all this in a way that respects team work, diversity of opinion, and maintains our organization's mission (Know Me, Care for Me, Ease My Way), and core values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Excellence and Stewardship.
Bring us your expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 years of experience with the iOS or Android Platform including a passion for new technology and mobile applications
- 1 years of Objective-C/Java development experience
- A solid computer science foundation including strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Web standards and best practices
- Continuous delivery
- A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it
- A small but growing team - we're good at what we do and enjoy disrupting healthcare.
- Autonomy and respect from day one.
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity.
You'll be surrounded by a team of people who have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds: the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 153687