Providence is calling a Cardiac Sonographer (Pediatrics, Variable Shift, On Call) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Position details: This is an on-call position without benefits. It will cover variable days/shifts from 7am to 5:30pm and possibly weekends.
In this position you will:
- Conduct procedures for patients with known or suspected congenital or acquired heart disease or other disorders.
- Using all available ultrasound imaging modalities to image a broad range of patient ages and sizes.
- Complete all required paperwork & tracking associated with services provided by the department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of a formal approved and accredited Cardiac Sonographer program.
- Board certification by the Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS) or Registry of Cardiac Sonographers (RCS).
- Active registration/certification in Adult echo, Pediatric echo and Fetal echo (preferably all 3) within 2 years of employment date. Includes maintenance of continuing medical education (CMEs) on an ongoing basis.
- 12 months of training/ evaluation will be required for fetal cardiology studies concurrently or successively at the discretion of the Medical Director of the Pediatric Echo Lab.
- Must complete annual BLS course.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year experience performing cardiovascular ultrasound examinations.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Providence Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 151346