Providence is calling an Educator (Family and Birth Education, Variable Shift, Per Diem, with no guaranteed hours or benefits) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Prepare, plan, and implement birth and family education courses designed for pediatric, adolescent, and adult participants.
- Use designated curriculum and follow appropriate teach principles.
- Participate in the evaluation and ongoing delivery of the educational programs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Certification in area of specialty
- Advanced certification for childbirth educators (ICCE)
- Maintains ICEA membership or equivalent annually
- CPR certification required to teach infant safety and CPR
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience teaching staff, patients and family members
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Education
Req ID: 133798