Providence is calling a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Kendall Yards Clinic Day Shift, .5 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Obtain patient blood samples by skin puncture, venipuncture and arterial puncture.
- Process specimens by using centrifugation, separation, delivery to department, prep for transfer to lab.
- Ensure cleanliness in the lab and maintain instruments.
- Maintain laboratory supplies by ordering, receiving and stocking them.
- Use a computer to register lab patients, order tests and input specimen data.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of high school education or equivalent
- Completion of a phlebotomy program administered by an accredited post secondary school or college or a phlebotomy training program
- Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist (MA-P) state license required or must qualify, apply for and obtain the Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist (MA-P) license within 3 months after date of hire
- Active Medical Assistant - Phlebotomy certification with the State of Washington within 3 months
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification is required within 60 days of hire
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and
hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic
locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive
health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect,
communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Phlebotomist & Lab Support
Req ID: 153928