Providence is calling a Resident Care Attendant (Day Shift, 0.75FTE, 30hrs/wk) to Providence Emilie Court Assisted Living in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide each of your assigned residents with routine personal nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
- Provide assistance with recreational activities, dining and housekeeping.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Assist residents with self administration of medications as instructed by Registered Nurse (RN).
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or a Home Care Aide (HCA) in accordance with laws of Washington State
- Food Handlers Permit required within 14 days of hire
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Cards required within 30 days of hire
- 7.5 hours AIDS related training required within 30 days of hire
- Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) approved Dementia and Mental Health classes required within 30 days of hire
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Emilie Court Assisted Living provides assisted living on the tree-lined streets of the Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital. Emilie Court offers private apartments and a rich quality of life to seniors in a vibrant urban environment.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 154393