Providence is calling a Surgical Technologist (* *Surgical Services , Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Set up and maintain a sterile field.
- Prepare the surgical environment for the patient and the procedure being performed.
- Maintain familiarity, function and proper care of all operating room equipment and instruments.
- Work closely with the surgical patient and the perioperative team, and assist the surgeon, as necessary, during procedures.
- Initiate responsibility for care of specimens.
- Anticipate the needs of the surgical team according to the requirements of the procedure.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program
- Current Surgical Technologist license
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current Surgical Technologist license in Washington State
- Current National Certified Surgical Technologist certification
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Recent operating room experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Techs
Req ID: 138762