Providence is calling a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This is a supplemental role and will work rotating day, evening and night shifts.
In this position you will:
- Obtain patient blood samples by skin puncture, venipuncture and arterial puncture.
- Process specimens by using centrifugation, separation, delivery to department, prep for transfer to lab.
- Ensure cleanliness in the lab and maintain instruments.
- Maintain laboratory supplies by ordering, receiving and stocking them.
- Use a computer to register lab patients, order tests and input specimen data.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent or documentation of higher education on file
- Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist (MA-P) state license required or must qualify, apply for and obtain the MA-P license within 3 months after date of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Computer experience
- Laboratory or related science experience
- Completion of Medical Assistant course
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Phlebotomist & Lab Support
Req ID: 153917