Providence is calling an Endoscopy Technician (Ambulatory Surgery Center PMP, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Facilitate patient flow, room turnover, stocking procedure rooms, ordering supplies and performing a variety of clerical tasks. Maintains correct stock levels in all rooms based on stocking lists.
- Assist in performing Endoscopy procedures in the GI lab and OR through the utilization of specialized equipment and under the direction of a qualified physician. Demonstrate knowledge of specific equipment used during endoscopic procedures.
- Assemble and test equipment/supplies correctly, prior to use.
- Assist with obtaining biopsies as needed and labels specimens as ordered, always following department policy and procedure when handling specimens.
- Assist with patient transfers and positioning ensuring patient safety and comfort and good body alignment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Registered as a Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) or Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) with the State of Washington
- Completion of SGNA certified GI Tech course within 1 year of employment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Endoscopy Techs
Location: Washington-Spokane Valley
Req ID: 152794