PHARMACY SUPERVISOR IV
Job Number: 00120548
Job Posting: May 18, 2017, 4:08:53 PM
Closing Date: Jun 16, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 9:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 5:00 P.M.
Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Location: Cermak Health Services, 2800 S California Ave, Chicago, IL 60608
Department: Cermak Pharmacy
Under administrative guidance, manages, coordinates, and as necessary, assists in the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy in regards to the data processing, inventory, drug distribution, prescription, regulated drug, scheduling, and manufacturing services of the area, manages union professional and union supportive personnel, performs related duties as assigned.
This position is exempt from Career Service under the CCHHS Personnel Rules.
- Manages and assists in performing or providing supervisory duties in day-to-day activities (problem solving, scheduling, etc.).
- Manages the operation in one or more service areas or satellites of the pharmacy.
- Assists in organizing and planning the department's prospective operations, and coordinates records and documents statistics for the pharmacy in accordance with Federal, State and County Laws and statues.
- Effectively manages and communicates with supportive and professional personnel (pharmacy liaison).
- Organizes workflow to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Communicates with pharmaceutical companies and their representatives.
- Maintains up to date knowledge state of art technology in drug distribution.
- Follows through on Drug and Formulary Committee actions to include additions, writing of specifications and deletions, and other actions as needed.
- Supplies data on drug usage, review and an analysis.
- Interprets and prepares statistical reports.
- Prepares for and supervise the annual physical inventory.
- Prepares and submits the annual inventory reports.
- Writes and updates policies to reflect current practices.
- Interviews and hires new employees.
- Trains and assists in orientation of new and existing employees, assure ongoing training session attendance and conducts the pharmacist and pharmacy technician training program.
- Reviews and evaluates employee performance, administer corrective and disciplinary action when requires.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and review of departmental quality control programs.
- Assists in evaluating, preparing and presenting continuing education programs.
- Participates in various hospital committees, and national professional society meetings as requested; conduct staff meetings.
- Verifies proper completion of pharmacy workflow including charging/crediting of medications and completion of computer back up procedures.
- Manages maintenance of printers and CRT's.
- Manages maintenance of an adequate supply of drugs for all filling stations.
- Manages receipt and delivery of medication orders by the transporters.
- Manages and assists in entry of patient data into the computer.
- Identifies and solves problems, with personnel, services or equipment relating computerized systems e.g., Pyxis, robots, EnterpriseRX, Cerner, unit-dose or Baxa machines, Automated dispensing cabinets, etc.
- Reports major problems to the appropriate administrators when necessary.
- Evaluates chronic and intermediate care floor stock lists, manages floor stock replacement operations, manages filing and delivery of department orders, and manages maintenance of crash carts, emergency kits and transport trays.
- Manages and assists in controlled drug distribution, verifies receipt of controlled substances from wholesalers, maintains alcohol records, and completes monthly inventory of controlled substances.
- Manages receipt and delivery of IV order, IV orders into the computer system, assist in the solutions, assists in the preparation and labeling of extemporaneous compounding.
- Reports to the Director of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD from a college of pharmacy accredited by American College of Clinical Pharmacy (AACCP) is required. (Must provide official transcript at time of interview).
- Current license as a pharmacist in the State of Illinois; license in good standing is required. (Must provide original license at time of interview).
- Three (3) years of outpatient or inpatient hospital/institutional pharmacy experience is required.
- One (1) year of supervisory or manager experience in outpatient or inpatient hospital/institutional pharmacy is required.
- Proficient in operating personal computer and associated applications used to develop presentations, proposals, etc. including Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- Participant in National, State and Local Pharmaceutical Association
- Experience in union environment is preferred.
- Experience with computerized pharmacy and physician order entry systems is preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of pharmacy automation, informatics and IT is preferred.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to attend to details, and meet firm deadlines
- Ability to manage to measurable results
- Ability to plan, direct and review the work of others
- Disciplined and able to maintain confidentiality
- Detailed oriented and the ability to set priorities and objectives
- Keen attention to detail
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER