We are building our Infection Prevention Team and are seeking an Area Manager, Infection Prevention.
The Area Manager, Infection Prevention oversees the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the Infection Prevention (IP) Program for St. Joseph Health Sonoma County ministries.
- Annually evaluates the system-wide program for surveillance, prevention and control of infection. Develops and revises the Infection Prevention plan according to the evaluation process, organizational assessment and surveillance activities.
- Coordinates the overall IP program for all SJH Sonoma County ministries. Integrates department activities with the rest of the organization’s strategic goals.
- Oversees the review and revision of IP policies to assure compliance with regulating and accrediting bodies as well as to include relevant recommended evidence-based practices.
- Maintains current professional practice standards as set forth by the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology.
- Coaches and develops the skills and talents of the IP departments’ employees. Supervises the hiring, training, and performance reviews of Infection Prevention staff.
- Performs and oversees the submission of facility data to regulatory bodies.
- Directs and performs the ongoing collection and analytical review of infection prevention data.
- Leads and participates in performance improvement teams.
- Plans/provides educational programs for all hospital personnel.
- Provides consultation to hospital personnel and to outside agencies that interface with the facility.
The people of St. Joseph Health have worked for 53 years to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters and continued through the St. Joseph Health Ministry of extending the healing ministry of Jesus to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services.
Sonoma County entities aligned with St. Joseph Health include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center, as well as the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network. We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.
To Apply: Please email your CV/resume to Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org