The Cheyenne VA Medical Center Primary Care Geriatrician must be board eligible or board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine and Geriatrics. *Hospital call experience is preferred.
The duties of the Primary Care Physician include, but are not limited to:
* Provides clinical services to geriatric and non-geriatric patients in primary care, outpatient setting. Works closely and coordinate patient care with other PACT team members, including nursing and clerical staff. Participate in daily huddles with other team staff and participate in primary care systems redesign projects.
* Manages assigned, defined panel of patients under established guidelines; recommended panel size at the division level is calculated based on patient complexity, support staff and room availability. Each provider's panel size is specific to their practice and setting.
* Collaborate with primary care mid-level providers. Physicians are expected to provide clinical oversight and to participate in peer review of other primary care providers through periodic chart reviews.
* Key participative role in the Geriatric Workforce Education Project with University of Wyoming's geriatric education center.
* Responsible for supervision, education and evaluation of residents and medical students in the outpatient primary care setting, as assigned.
* Acts as surrogates for absent primary care providers when needed to include review of CPRS view alerts.
* Regularly attend staff meetings, departmental meetings and general medical staff meetings.
* Timely documentation (notes and encounter forms) is necessary in all areas in accordance with facility policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion. Clinical reminders should be addressed as medically appropriate.
* Quality of care should meet professional standards at all times. Participates in Process Improvement/Quality Assurance projects
* All physicians will work within their privileges at all times, unless necessitated by an emergency.
* Responsible to maintain current BLS certification.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8am - 4:30pm
Functional Statement Title:Physician- Geriatrician, Primary Care
Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Completion of residency training or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification. (NOTE: VA Physicians involved in academic training programs may be required to be board certified for faculty status.) Approved residencies are:
(1) Those approved by the accrediting bodies for graduate medical education, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA), in the list published for the year the residency was completed, or
(2) Other residencies or their equivalents which the local Professional Standards Board determines to have provided an applicant with appropriate professional training.
Preferred Experience:2-3 years of Geriatrics
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G2 Physician VA Qualification Standards are found here: http://vaww.va.gov/OHRM/Directives-Handbooks/Documents/5005.pdfPhysical Requirements:?, The physical requirements of this position include occasional lifting, prolonged standing and sitting, frequent bending, walking, climbing, reaching (overhead, extensive/repetitive), repetitive motion, and stooping.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s): *Resume
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Cover Letter *DD-214 *OF-306 *Other(VA Form 10-2850, Application for Physicians) *Other Veterans Document *SF-15 *SF-50 *Transcript
*Only a resume/CV is required to apply* Please include at least three professional references.
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1763193.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.