OR Registered Nurse Clinical Coordinator
Location: Bernville Campus
Work Type: Full Time 1.0 FTE
S hift: Days
The role of the Perioperative Clinical Coordinator (Open Heart/Vascular Service Line) is to coordinate, delegate, and provide care of the intraoperative patients. Accountable to orient, supervise, educate, manage and carry out patient care decisions and care. Assists with the development and implementation of the surgical systems goals, policies, and procedures along with the adherence to AORN standards and compliance with JCAHO and other regulatory guidelines
- Assist in the assessment of staffing needs and selection of appropriate personnel for the surgical cases.
- Demonstrates competency to provide direction in basic clinical practices in the operating room according to established guidelines of the clinical job classification.
- Instructs, observes, and documents job performances of new staff and students in a timely manner.
- Assists in the maintenance of competencies, educational needs, and educational records to include license and certification documentation.
- Assesses and provides input or the arrangement of continuing education needs and requirements of the staff relevant to technological developments, changing requirements, and infection control practices .
- In conjunction with the Director, collaborates with the perioperative leadership team to ensure appropriate practices and policies are in place to meet all regulatory and AORN standards. Participates in various committee and councils including performance improvement activities .
- Ensures communication inter/intra-departmental and with administrative, and medical staff.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in standards of care and health care management and, evaluates and develops discharge plans, recommends alternative levels of care, and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Participates in the development, revision, and completion of preference card management.
- As part of the interdisciplinary team and perioperative management of the patient, supports and enhances communication between the various members of the perioperative team of which she/he supervises or direct oversight in the care of the patient .
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, visitors, vendors, staff, and the various departments within the hospital setting .
- Coor dinates with the various vendors and departments to support all necessary services required for the patient’s care during surgery .
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- Two years previous Open Heart experience required (within the last 2 years)
- CNOR experience preferred .
- Successful completion of AORN 101 perioperative course
- Previous (within 2 years) of Open Heart Experience Required
- Management or Designated Leadership role experience is preferred.
- Current RN licensure in the state of employment.
- BLS certification required.
If chosen for this position, you may be required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans Disabled.